Tuesday 8 February 2011

Branching Out

Just a quick note about some things I made at Liz's fabulous hen day. We had an afternoon of yarn dying at the Fyberspates dye studio, which was just an amazing treat. Turns out dying yarn is not as messy and labour intensive as I imagined.

And here are my creations:
Mignonette Green

Fyberspates Sparkle Merino Silk Lace
named after the colour of Belle Époque Paris.

(Richard Serra at the Petit Palais in 2007)

Tyrian Purple

Fyberspates Scruptious Sock
named after the purple favoured by the Byzantines.

(Mosaic in a small church in Istanbul)

And finally, Lovely Cotinga

Fyberspates Sheila's Sock
named after this lovely bird.

(photo obviously not taken by me)

Naming them was almost as much fun as dyeing them.

I went a bit mad surrounded by all the Fyberspates loveliness, and came away with far more lace and sock yarn than I possibly need. My creations and purchases, followed by a week of Paris shopping (more on that later), have filled my stash to overflowing, and I've had to remove a bag of recycled yarn to make room. I forsee much shawl knitting in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment